Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wondering Why

Earlier today we found out that some dear friends of ours were killed in a car accident this morning. Tom and I are both wondering why God would allow this to happen?

We are taking comfort in the knowledge that these were people who loved the Lord, and are now in heaven with Him. It's just hard to grasp what has happened. It was a family of four, a father who had a successful position as a cardiologist, was an elder in the church, and available to talk when needed. His wife is a very intelligent and strong woman, such a kind-hearted person. Their children, a boy, 12, and a girl, 10, have always been a joy to be around. These two kids always took special interest in our children whenever we got together, and I was impressed by that.

And then, this morning, the father and son are all of a sudden gone. We have spent most of our day crying, discussing the impact of all this on our lives -- and praying for a wife/mother and daughter/sister whose lives have been so quickly turned completely upside down.

I finally just said to Tom this evening, "We are lucky to have had them in our lives at all -- and it is good to know they are with Jesus now." I still can't stop the tears from coming, though. I know that will take time.

No comments: