This past weekend has been ... unpleasant. It started late Friday night, as Tom and I were about to drift to sleep. Bryan came into our bedroom and said, "I feel like I'm going to vomit." Sigh...
The rest of the night he was sick, keeping mainly Tom awake. I had worked the night before, and desperately needed the sleep, being 22 weeks pregnant! When Emily woke up the next morning with one of the biggest dirty diapers I've seen, I just figured the two children had too much popcorn at the theatre the day before (we went to see Ratatouille -- good, by the way!). By then, Bryan was feeling better.
Then, Sunday night, I got it. And it wouldn't go away. I called in sick to work Monday night, then went to work the next night (July 3rd). Big mistake. When I came home on July 4th, I went to bed and slept for 4 hours before we went to my parents' house for our family get-together. I spent that day just sitting there, tired -- not feeling quite right. I have a feeling that it's finally starting to go away, but I'm feeling pretty weak now. The baby is still kicking, so I guess he's okay! I've been living off Gatorade for the past couple of days... Why is it that pregnant women have so little immunity?
Hopefully, I'll feel 100% better soon. Poor Tom hasn't been feeling too well, either -- but thankfully, he doesn't seem as affected.
Maybe we'll be able to enjoy the rest of this summer in peace?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment