Friday, July 27, 2007

Fried Green Tomatoes

My dear, wonderful husband was good enough to go to the new, nearby produce stand and purchase some green tomatoes. Why? Because his wife REALLY likes them cut up and fried (not deep-fat fried -- but a very healthy version in the frying pan)! I was SOOOO excited when I saw the stand while driving on my way to work one night this past week. It is REALLY close to us (a big deal when one lives in a town as tiny as ours) -- and I immediately called Tom to tell him the good news when I first saw it. Later that night, Tom called me at work to tell me that I could expect to enjoy Fried Green Tomatoes and Sweet Corn on the Cob the next day. Mmmm!!!

How pathetic am I? Sigh... I just got up after working last night and was told by my sweet hubby that he'd be "fixing me something to eat soon". Dare I hope? ;-)

No comments: