Well, I was called in last night for 2 hours to help my co-workers through a crisis. I then got to come back home and sleep the rest of the night! :-) I really think the charge nurses (well, some of them) are trying to work with me at this point so I can stay pregnant. I was having strong contractions after working really hard -- but I can't complain about 2 hours when it could have easily been 12!
When I got there, one of the 3 doctors from the practice I go to was there. He looked at me, smiled, and said, "Hey Beth! You're the very last person I expected to see here tonight!" I told him I was trying to stay on call as much as possible -- which seemed to please him.
So now I just need to get through 5 more shifts, and then I'll be in a "safe" zone. I'm scheduled for 8 more -- but I have just ONE more week until I'm eligible for the legally binding maternity leave! I am scheduled tonight, tomorrow night, then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday next week. Please keep praying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Beth - I'm so glad that one of your "count-down" shifts was so short! What a blessing! May you have many more 2-hour shifts :) Just think - in a couple of weeks, this temporary "nightmare" (well, that may be a bit strong...) will be over. I'm sure this part of your life will be fodder for stories for years to come.
Hey, Beth. I have been dropping by every now and then, checking up on you and your unborn little one. I hope you are still doing okay and I am praying for you that you will be able to make it through your next 6 shifts with NO problems. Nursing Luke during the early morning hours is a great time to pray for all the expecting mothers I know;)
Thanks for your prayers. When I worked the full 12-hour shift on Wednesday night, I nearly decided to get a sub to come in around 1 am. I called Tom in tears -- telling him I didn't know how I was going to make it.
A little bit later, the contractions stopped altogether! I asked Tom if he had been praying -- and he said, "Yes!" I am convinced that prayer is the reason I felt better and was able to work.
Post a Comment