Saturday, September 15, 2007

Too much drama

The main reason I haven't posted much is that I've been pretty much taking it as easy as possible most of the time lately. Here's what happened earlier this week...

I started having strong contractions while I was at work this past Sunday night -- which kept on going and wouldn't stop. So I requested call on Monday -- and got it. That is, until I was called in to work in the middle of the night. I was given a HUGE patient load (I got dumped on, if truth be told) -- which just about did me in.

Needless to say, the contractions became more intense and painful -- and would not stop even when I tried to get sleep when I got home. So I called my doc, who told me NOT to go to work the next night. She faxed a note to my boss stating she was not allowing me to work until she'd had a chance to evaluate me further (the next day). When she checked me, I had started to dilate/efface -- which means I am in danger of going into labor (especially when I am doing too much). She was furious at the amount of work I'd been given (it WAS unreasonable), so sent another fax stating my pregnancy was high-risk, and that I was to be given lighter duties for the rest of my pregnancy. The nice thing is, my doctor sees me at work a lot, so she really can understand what is going on. I have to be back on Monday -- so please pray! I REALLY want my child to come out when he's able to breathe on his own -- not sooner. I'm 33 weeks along now -- and would REALLY like for this kid to keep cookin' till about 37 weeks. Right now, that seems like a lot to hope for! Sigh...

BUT, God is in control. I need to keep remembering that!

No comments: