I was able to get a lot done around the house in the morning, as I was preparing to have guests over for my mother's birthday celebration that night. :-)
Then I went with my mother and sister-in-law to a baby shower that the women in my church gave me. It was wonderful. I was given some amazing gifts including the stroller I really wanted, some wonderful baby boy clothes, baby bath items, diapers, and more! Here are some pictures:
This was the cake that they had for me. :-)
I was famished -- as I had skipped lunch (unintentionally)! It doesn't take that much to satisfy me these days either -- my belly has grown more than it ever has!
Here I am going through the diaper bag that my parents gave me (I had already picked it out!). My mom (left) surprised me with having the bag completely stocked with all sorts of goodies (outfits, diapers, wipes, etc.)!

My mom faithfully wrote down all gifts and givers so I could keep things straight. Thanks, Mom!
I have "a few" more pictures -- but these will have to suffice for now. I regret not having any pictures of my sister-in-law, Jennifer, who was taking all of these. Thanks, Jennifer!
That night, Mom's birthday party went well, I thought. Jennifer had prepared the main meal (chicken tetrazine -- YUM), while I supplied dessert (Mom's cake -- Italian Cream Cheese, some ice cream, and toppings). I really wish we had pictures, but we were having so much fun together that I didn't even think of the camera until everyone was leaving! Oh well. "We" included Mom, Dad, John, Jennifer, Emma Grace, Bryan, Emily, and me. Tom was only there briefly as he had a meeting with some men from church that evening. I found out that Rebecca was also in the area that day. Had I known her family was going to be within an hour of us, we would have asked them to come as well! I wish we could all get together more often.

No comments:
Post a Comment