I was in the hospital yet again this past Sunday. Yep. This time, I really thought I was going into preterm labor. I am happy to say I am still pregnant. I was banging out good, hard contractions about every 2 minutes -- got ANOTHER fetal fibronectin (that makes 3 in this pregnancy!) which was negative. The doctor said that the polyhydramnios was responsible for the contractions. Sigh... Still just slightly dilated...
So I went home with a prescription for Procardia (an anti-angina/BP med also used to control contractions) and a nice, fresh dose of morphine to drug me up for the night. Then I went on back to work the next night. I was taking my procardia rather regularly (as prescribed), then had a rather severe reaction during my shift. My legs swelled up, and my whole body became flushed. I felt like I was going to burn up. My co-workers had me sit down and get a bp reading. It was 145/96 -- UH, WHAT (ridiculously, dangerously high compared to my baseline)?!? When I talked to the doc. after my shift, she said NOT to take the procardia -- that for some reason, I was having "rebound blood pressure issues" in response to the med.
Now, back to square one -- contracting all the time. I called the office yesterday to get a note faxed to my job so I could stay home last night since I was having strong contractions every 2-5 minutes. The nurse started arguing with me that I should be going in to the hospital. My reply? "If I went in to the hospital every time I contract like this, I would be there EVERY COUPLE DAYS!" So she said, "Well, I'll speak with the doctor about this!" When she called back, she kind of sheepishly said, "The doctor agrees with you. Just stay at home and put your feet up, we'll contact your employer." I figure that if I can just make it through another 3 work weeks, then I can relax a little. I'm so tired of this craziness!
Ever felt like you CAN'T call a doc's office with any issues at all because you have been there/done that more than anyone else? That's how I feel right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment