I am getting excited that fall is approaching! The temperatures are kind of misleading -- but are ever-so-slightly cooler than they have been .
Things are going fine. We are transitioning Colin into his big brother's room. We got bunk beds -- which thrilled both boys! Colin is not very good at settling down at night just yet -- but we know he will in time. Our patience will be tested in the upcoming weeks, for sure!
The baby's room is still filled with toys and little boy things -- but those will soon be cleared away. We have picked out bedding and are trying to decide on paint colors for our baby girl's room! This is the exciting part -- and I'm anxious to get going on these projects. My parents very generously provided a very nice new glider (something I've been wanting for a while) so I can feed the baby comfortably when she's here. The glider isn't here yet -- but will be when it's ready (and hopefully when we are). :-)
Tom is project man right now. He works very hard at his job -- then assembles furniture on his days off! So far he's put together the bunk beds and a wardrobe for the boys' room. Still to go: a chest of drawers, storage system (x2) and (gulp!) the crib. It will get done, though. He has surprised himself -- taking less time than expected to put together things that seem pretty complicated!
As for me, the health has been okay. I'm feeling totally recovered from surgery. The tachycardia comes and goes at random, which is annoying. I've gotten some good workouts at the gym, though, and am doing what I can to stay fit despite limitations! It is amusing to see the confused looks on some of the other gym members' faces when they see me with my cumbersome belly, doing my weights! Thankfully, most of the trainers and other staff there know that what I'm doing is fine. Some of them even know me personally and have encouraged me along the way!
Baby is making her presence known with strong kicks and rolls, which is a delight (even when she wakes me up at night)! I am now experiencing the occasional Braxton Hicks contractions (totally normal), which reminds me that this won't last forever, either. I'm trying to enjoy each moment in this pregnancy (even though it's been full of its own complications) because this time I am not in a job that is demanding like the last couple times, and am able to do what I need to stay healthy and protect my baby! Each movement I feel from her is incredibly wonderful and precious -- I don't ever want to forget these moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment