Friday, August 29, 2008

TGIF?

When most people are rejoicing that it is Friday and the weekend is here, it is rather bittersweet at our house. Tom arrives home -- which is wonderful. But then, I have to work the weekend (since he can watch the kids). I am grateful to have a job. Really I am! I just long for the time when Tom and I will get more than just those few precious hours.

Thankfully, THIS weekend, I'll work Saturday and Sunday as usual -- but Tom will also be home on Monday! Emily's birthday falls on Labor Day this year, so we are having a party with the family that day. This weekend doesn't seem so dreary after all!

In the spring, I'll be looking forward to saying, "TGIA" (thank goodness it's April!!!). That's when Tom finishes rotations and my work shouldn't be as hard on us. :-)

1 comment:

KayKay said...

I will certainly be praying for you as you go through this difficult time, and I will also pray that God will open up some possibilities that will improve your work schedule and afford you more time with your hubby.