Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My second-grader

Bryan just started the 2nd grade this past Friday (which was also Tom's and my 10-year wedding anniversary!!!). So now I get up early in the morning to make sure he's up, dressed, and on the bus on time. I was planning to take him to the bus stop (by the stop sign at the end of our street). When we were leaving the house, he said, "Mom, I can do this by myself, okay?" I told him that was fine -- but only if there were other kids waiting with him. So we devised a plan -- when he got to the curve in the street where I wouldn't be able to see him anymore, he had to signal to me whether there were others at the stop or not. Sigh... there were. So we repeated our routine this morning. Worse yet -- right after my alarm clock woke me up, Bryan came in to let me know he was already up and ready for school!

When did he get to be so independent? I know that he's always been kind of like this -- but he really is able to do more on his own now... It's hard to accept that he won't be my "little boy" for long!

No comments: