Tom is home for 2 days! I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder -- because I am more excited than ever these days when I see him. :-)
I think the reality of his absences has truly sunk in -- Tom said this past week that if he'd known how hard this would be on us that he probably wouldn't have gone back to pharmacy school. BUT, I keep reminding him that "this too shall pass" -- and that we're less than a year away from graduation. I think he'll be glad he did this when it's all over.
I think the hardest part is how this is affecting the kids. Bryan seems to understand -- but it's not easy. Emily doesn't really understand why her Daddy is gone so much. So we try extra hard to do special things when Tom is here. Colin -- well, as long as he's fed and taken care of, he's happy with whatever time he gets with anyone!
We are spending the day together -- and we are going out soon, so I'd better get crackin'! Until the next post...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Beth, I know what it's like to have your husband away. My husband travels for work all the time; 95% of his work is travel. I miss him terribly when he's gone, and his homecomings are always so sweet. I can't understand those women who say that they're glad when their husbands are away, and I hope I never understand them!
I bet it must be rather difficult. At least, it is only a little under a year until this all ends. Won't be too long!!! The kids will not have grown up before then. :)
Post a Comment