Last month, I mentioned to Tom briefly that I wished I had a gym membership near the hospital so I could work out in peace (with no children to interrupt me) on my way to and/or from work. He told me that we could THINK about it -- but that it was unlikely that we could swing it.
This past Friday, he came home and handed me a membership card to a really nice gym that is VERY close to the hospital (in fact, I think a lot of folks I work with are members there, as well). On top of that surprise, I get to work with a personal trainer for the first 3 months of this year! Tom told me that I got a hospital employee discount (which is quite significant) since the club has had some dealings with my employer. Yay!
I have been going to work out almost every day (5 out of the 6 days I've had the membership, I've been there), and I'm already seeing some difference. I had my physical assessment with the training director last weekend, and will have my first meeting with my trainer (it feels weird saying, "my trainer") on Friday! I'm very excited, because it will be good to have the accountability that a trainer provides. The gym is super nice -- and I've really enjoyed working out there. What a wonderful gift from my very sweet husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We just joined a gym as well. I'm very excited about having some time to work out as well as having an hour or so to myself. (They have a nursery for Greta).
Way to go Beth! Sounds like you are having a great start to the new year!
You will LOVE it and the way it makes you look and especially feel!!! I hated giving our membership up, but it was just too much to juggle with only one vehicle.
Post a Comment