Thursday, August 16, 2007

The "Actual" Anniversary

We were able to celebrate our 9-yr anniversary yesterday without any hitches, thankfully! Last weekend, Jennifer (my sister-in-law whom I would have chosen as a dear friend ANYWAY) offered to watch the kids if we were willing to drive them out to their house. Knowing there's a Cheesecake Factory near their house (we haven't been to one in quite a while!) and that we had a gift card for that (given to us this past Christmas, interestingly enough, by John and Jennifer!), we took her up on the offer. The kids were very excited as they got to play together again -- and this time, they all went swimming! It's good that they had a blast...

We sure did! Tom and I enjoyed every second of our time together on this date. We reminisced about different moments in our married life that made us each love each other all the more. By the end of our dinners, we were both STUFFED. I couldn't finish but half of my Chicken Piccata, and Tom did finish most of the important parts of his "Steak Diane". We each got a slice of cheesecake anyway... MMMMMmmmmm... By the end of it all, our unborn son was demonstrating just how much energy I had been feeding him!

After the absolutely fantastic dinner, we went to see a movie we both enjoyed: "Stardust". It is a fantasy film like no other I've seen. It's got a pretty good cast, and has plenty of humor in it as well. The ending was especially sweet and romantic -- the perfect ending to our evening.

We went to pick up the children, where their Uncle John was enjoying a baseball game, and Bryan and Emily were both playing happily (Emma Grace was still up, too). My children just love their Cousin, Aunt, and Uncle! Emily cried, "I wanna stay HERE!" Of course, that may have had something to do with the large dollhouse she was playing with at the time... Anyway, we DID all end up driving home soon thereafter, and Tom and I enjoyed more quiet conversation as the kids fell asleep in the car. It was a wonderful night!

MANY thanks to John, Jennifer, and Emma Grace. We'll have to return that favor sometime!

2 comments:

K. Humby said...

It sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time! Congratulations! What a blessing it is to have family close by to assist during special occassions.

Beth said...

Hey Katie!

So true...

I've been enjoying reading about your goings on -- great pics (and you look FABULOUS)! :-)