Well, Tom has made a decision for next year. It has been a long and hard process -- especially for me. I am one who likes to know what's ahead! That's especially hard with Tom in school, and two very different directions in which he can go after graduation.
Tom has decided to take on a 1-year commitment to CVS upon graduation. He just signed the early commitment letter last week. Many refer to this as "selling his soul". I see it as an unselfish act of love by a husband who wants to relieve his wife of breadwinning and care for his family.
Residency isn't out of the picture. That is something Tom still wants to pursue, but we need a change from the crazy schedule and lifestyle we have been keeping. It will be nice to have a little more routine in our lives!
Tom will definitely need prayer as he goes through a year of retail. He really wants to do more clinical/managed care/industry work. His favorite rotations have been been in these areas, while he has "tolerated" retail experience. I think he will do very well, and am proud of him for all he has accomplished. I also want to be supportive of what he really wants to do in the future.
Tom is close to home for the last rotation of 2008. Then, starting in mid-January, there will be 15 straight weeks of him out of town again. UGH... But, the end is in sight! Somehow it doesn't seem as bad when we think of it that way.
I am still working nights -- which I don't love, working more holidays than I care to do, and am tired most of the time. But, knowing that all of this will be a distant memory before too long makes it bearable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers!
Post a Comment