Okay, you heard all the crazys -- now for the good stuff.
I have been playing a lot of gigs -- a LOT. It has been REALLY nice to get back to doing something I love so dearly -- and being paid for it! If I could just play a couple gigs a day -- I could bag my other job! ;-) Don't worry, I won't do that.
Bryan is proving to be VERY bright -- as his teacher keeps telling us how amazed she is at his intelligence level (proud mama alert!). Now, if we could incorporate some of that brightness into some of his actions (he gets distracted a lot and gets into mischief -- nothing horrible -- just talking when he needs to be quiet, etc.)! Sigh...
Emily is learning a lot, as well, though she is not in school. She knows about all of the alphabet and can count really well. She is constantly singing the song, "Winnie the Pooh" (not just 'the song' -- but the WHOLE song). It's pretty cute (even though I sometimes wish I had earplugs)!
Colin is babbling a LOT. When he wants to get my or Tom's attention, he'll shout out, "bababadadada" -- which amazes me. He still isn't sitting up -- but that will come, I'm sure. I still maintain that he looks JUST like his Daddy! His dark hair is all gone, and now he just has some much lighter hair that sticks up. Tom sometimes calls him, "Spike" because of it! Colin's grin could melt ANYONE.
Tom and I are just grateful to have three healthy, beautiful children and each other. As crazy as life is right now -- we just seem to grow closer because of it. And that is definitely a blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a good balance - the bad AND the good!!! So you really enjoy gigs? Glad you have been getting paid for something you obviously enjoy!!! Sounds like all the kids are doing well. They certainly are a blessing/treasure! What good Mom wouldn't be a proud Mom?
Thanks so much for the sweet comments, Rachel!
I prefer more serious gigs (like orchestral/chamber playing), but am happy to do anything musical these days. After hearing me play while working a Christmas shift, a nurse I work with put it so eloquently, "It's so much more fun pimpin' weddings than pimpin' bedpans!" Don't forget -- I'm not the one who said it!
Post a Comment