I have some time off, so I'll put some updates on here. I was put on call Sunday night -- and was able to sleep the whole night. I did work all last night. But I'm off now until Saturday! It's a good thing. My body, for some reason, has started REALLY loathing night shifts (I never adapted too well -- but now it's worse). It's a good thing I won't be working them much longer!
This week, I have a birthday. I feel like after this year I should probably stop telling people exactly how old I really am. The good news is, people still ask me, "How old?" I'll take this as a sign they still think I'm young enough to be asked. Either that -- or they're just being rude! ;-) On my birthday, my dear husband has to go out of town for the evening -- and he's taking the family car (evidently he's the driver for a bunch of Pharmacy doctoral candidates). So, that means I am grounded -- with 3 kids -- on my birthday. Waaah... (I know -- poor me.) Tom has said he's reserved Friday night as a date night to celebrate. So we'll see what happens then!
I just had my 12-week physical assessment at the gym this past week. Amazingly enough -- my body age has improved by 10 years -- and I've lost a decent chunk of weight (the specifics are none of your concern!) since I first started. :-) At the beginning of all this, I had an assessment -- at which time I was told that my body age exceeded my actual age by 3 years, and that I had a LOT of work ahead of me. The work I've put in so far has paid off GREATLY. I still have a ways to go -- but getting news like that gives me real incentive to keep going!
Other happenings... Bryan recently lost his first tooth, Emily is becoming quite the talker (she sometimes uses big words that sound hilarious coming out of a 3-yr-old), and Colin continues to get bigger! He is such a happy baby. :-)
Tom is getting closer and closer to finishing all his required classwork. I am so proud of him -- it is quite a feat to obtain a doctorate with 3 young children and a wife who works full-time nights!!! Tom, unlike many husbands/fathers, has done just as much housework, laundry, and parenting as I have. I am blessed.
Well, that's all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey - that is great about the timing of your shift change exactly when it was a necessity. I can't imagine working nights and then attempting to sleep with little ones awake...how exactly do you work that?!!!
Also, congrats on your improved health and weight loss.
Post a Comment