Saturday, November 17, 2007

A month already?!?

My apologies for negligence in posting! The first couple of weeks after Colin's arrival were difficult as I had some problems recovering physically from birth. My body had been so stressed out from the pregnancy/birth that it did not do what it was supposed to do after delivery. I was back at the OB's office a week after I delivered with some late postpartum hemorrhaging. The doctor put me on a medication that made me very uncomfortable for about a week -- but it did its job! I am finally feeling more normal. :-)

Colin will be a month old tomorrow! I need to post pictures -- will do that as soon as I get them off the camera onto the computer. It'll have to wait just a little longer as we are trying to get our house ready for company in the next couple days.

Colin is gaining weight and already looks/feels quite a bit bigger! He weighed close to 11 lbs at the pediatrician's office just a week ago. That is likely due to his getting supplement in addition to nursing. Unfortunately, my milk production went down because of all the problems I had after delivery -- and Colin is a HUNGRY baby! I have been working on getting my supply back up -- and have been able to significantly cut back on how much formula he's getting. :-)

Bryan and Emily LOVE their baby brother. Emily has especially shown care/concern for "Cowin". She also asks often if she can hold him. It's pretty adorable!

I hear some interesting noises upstairs. I'd better go check...

No comments: